Industry Updates (Carrier Agnostic)
- ARPA Benefits Compliance Updates and FAQs Part 5 (Recording 5.24.2021 and Slide Deck)
- Initial Summary of IRS Notice 2021-31
- Frequently Asked Questions: Benefits Compliance & the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- NFP Podcast Episode 103: IRS Guidance on ARPA COBRA Subsidies – Employer Takeaways
- Compliance Corner: IRS Guidance Addresses ARPA COBRA Subsidies and Tax Credits
NFP Washington Update – Possible Tax Changes: Learn about the 99.5% and STEP Act
Read about the White House’s American Jobs Plan and learn more regarding two proposed bills:
Below you will find a variety of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Resources released from various reputable Industry sources.
American Rescue Plan Resources from NFP’s Compliance Team
- NFP ARPA FAQ
- Insights from the Experts Podcast Ep 102: COBRA Subsidies under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA)
- ARPA Benefits Compliance Updates and FAQ Part 4 Webinar Archive 4.22.2021
- ARPA Benefits Compliance Updates and FAQ Part 3 Webinar Archive 4.14.2021
- ARPA Benefits Compliance Updates and FAQ Part 2 Webinar Archive 4.7.2021
- ARPA Benefits Compliance Updates and FAQ Part 1 Webinar Archive 3.31.2021
National Health Underwriters Resources
Review the NAHU Employee Benefits Legislative Update Presentation Slides (NAHU event held 4/15)
U.S Department of Labor Guidance on COBRA Premium Assistance under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
An important reminder that the regulation surrounding COBRA subsidy will effect groups with both Federal COBRA & State Based (miniCOBRA). Guidance from governmental resources found below offer perspective regarding Employer responsibility. Tax advisors may be able to advise clients regarding their ability to take their allowable credits for Federal COBRA Assistance Eligible Individual (AEI)s.
For miniCOBRA scenarios, we await guidance from Insurers regarding what additional client clarifications may be needed to determine AEIs or how they will administer any of these changes regarding premium due identified AEIs.
- COBRA Premium Subsidy dedicated page
- COBRA Premium Subsidy FAQs
- Model Notices:
More to follow on ARPA as guidance is issued from the Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Treasury & our Carrier Partners.
March 10th, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) was passed & impacts Employer Group Clients, as well as the Individual Market, in a number of ways.
NAHU’s Healthcare Happy Hour Podcast – ARPA (Includes COBRA, ACA, Exchange Subsidies, Child Tax Credit & More)
Refer to the NFP Latest Insights from the Experts
View the Latest – NAHU Washington Update (1.29.2021)
NFP Latest Insights on COVID-19:
NFP’s COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar – Recorded Session, Listen here
NFP Learning (Recorded Webinar): Employee Benefits Implications of the 2021 Government Funding Bill – NFP Benefits Compliance Team
Department of Labor Updates Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) FAQs
Review Updated COVID-19 Resources:
Read the Latest NAHU Washington Update. Topics include:
- IRS Extends ACA Reporting Deadlines and Penalty Relief
- New California Laws Address COVID-19 Workers’ Compensation Claims and Employer Reporting When Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- NFP Analysis of Joe Biden’s Healthcare Proposals
View the Latest NAHU Washington Update (9.21.2020)
Visit the NFP Latest Insights Page for, reference materials, updates regarding relief programs or to watch archived webinars.
View the NFP 2019 Leave Benefits Report. Created in tandem with Helios HR, for a comprehensive paid leave survey to help clients with key decisions related to their leave benefits.
For any client that may administer their own COBRA, it is important that they are fully aware of recent changes surrounding the Extension of Timeframes for Employee Benefits Plans, Participants, and Beneficiaries affected by the COVID-19 Outbreak. As always we encourage clients or Producers to consider Third Party administration for COBRA services or to seek the appropriate counsel to remain complaint with this complex Employer Law.
General Agency Training
Click on the carrier logo below for all the latest updates.