Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Latest Updates
Highmark Update: The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 + COBRA (Review Highmark Info Sheets, Client and Eligible Member Letter Samples)
2021 Small Group Resources
Bonus Details – New Highmark Incentive Program (2/1/2021 through 1/1/2022 Effective Dates) for Small Group (2-50) and Large Group (51+) sales, cross-sells (and prospects when applicable). Review the variety of ways you can qualify for payouts related to the underwriting process and sales of Highmark branded business.
NFP-BNGA 51+ Highmark Updates Webinar – Webinar Recording (4.21) and Resources here
Partnership Spotlight – Highmark & WellSpan Population Health Innovation
ChristianaCare and Highmark Health Collaboration Announcement
BCBS Class Action Suit
- Read NFP Guidance issued regarding the Blue Cross Blue Shield Class Action Settlement.
- Highmark’s Producer Portal similarly provides a link to the settlement website, toll-free inquiry number (866) 681-1142 and email address info@BCBSsettlement.com
Highmark to Offer New Specialty Pharmacy Program – Sempre Health, Effective July 1, 2021
Highmark Press Release: Highmark Medical and Pharmacy Benefits Integration Lowers Costs, Improves Health Outcomes
Highmark Extends Coverage of COVID-19 treatment and Telemedicine – Press Release
Notice of Risk Corridor Medical Loss Rebate to Small Group clients and Individual Market members
Important Update regarding OOA/OON Radiology and Cardiac Imaging
Highmark Value Added Benefit Announcement – College Tuition Benefit
This college savings program is now available to Medical (Mid/Large fully-insured & ASO in PA, DE & WV) and BlueEdge Dental (Small/Mid/Large clients in PA & DE).
- College Tuition Benefit Webinar Recording
- College Tuition Benefit Webinar Slides
- College Tuition Benefit Flier
- Sage Scholars Tuition Rewards Site (Includes list of participating colleges)
- GradFin Website
Highmark and HealthNow New York receive Affiliation Approval
Living Health Dynamic Platform update: Verily collaboration announced
No Action Required: Clients being notified of PLHIGA
Highmark HPN: Performance (Flex) Blue Webinar – session focused on the Southern Alleghenies Region (Recorded Webinar)
Highmark Member Brainshark: The Highmark Plan App
Highmark Resource Reminder regarding end-of-year relief packages and programs to assist small businesses:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- Tax Credits
- Loan Programs
Highmark to Offer New Pharmacy Program – Copay Armor, Effective January 1, 2021 (Large Group Market)
Highmark HSA Custodian Update (PNC Bank to WealthCare Saver): No Action Needed
Highmark Living Heather Dynamic Platform – a Google Cloud Collaboration
Highmark Update: Extension Allows Members to Continue Receiving Needed Care Without Cost-Sharing Costs through 3/31/2021 for Commercial and ACA Business
For Producers with Clients in the 100+ Market Segment that access Analytics Navigator – Join Highmark for Producer Webinar regarding Reporting Enhancements (Register for one of multiple date options here)
Bonus Info – Additional components added to the New to Highmark Producer Incentive (10/1/2020 through 1/1/2021 Effective Dates)
- 51+ enrolled in any product line (with additional bundling payouts)
- 2-50 Together Blue
Highmark Introduces Performance Blue, Performance Flex Blue, and Blue HPN – Highmark Performance Networks for the 51+ Market (Producer Recorded Webinar)
Highmark 2021 Renewals have been released & New Business Rating is available. To coincide, please see the following 2021 Resources:
- Highmark 2021 WPA Small Group ACA Portfolio Benefit Changes (2021 adjustments to 2020 plans)
- Highmark 2021 WPA Small Group ACA Product Brochure
- Highmark 2021 WPA Small Group Producer Update Presentation
- Highmark WPA Small Group Grandmothered Plan Portfolio
Additional Highmark 2021 Resources available by Region (WPA, CPA, NEPA or WV) on the Highmark Producer Portal (Be sure to choose the appropriate Region via the Change Agency/Region feature on your Welcome Page or contact your NFP-BNGA Team with Questions)
Highmark has determined that all of its 2020 and 2021 Small Group prescription drug plans qualify as “creditable coverage.” View the Highmark Creditable Coverage Determinations & Their Creditable Coverage Notice verbiage by selecting the applicable region:
- Highmark Western PA and North Eastern PA – Creditable Coverage Small Group Update
- Highmark Central PA – Creditable Coverage Small Group Update
Are your Clients’ Employees utilizing Highmark’s no-cost identity protection services? Learn more about the Experian Identity Protection Services value added benefit – Available to groups of all sizes.
View the Recorded Small Group Together Blue Highmark Producer Webinar
Small Group Balanced Funding (Level Funded products) now available for Quoting.
- View the Highmark Producer Update with Balanced Funding Resources here.
- Contact your NFP-BNGA Team with questions.
The American Cancer Society in WPA will host a virtual symposium, November 17, 2020, 9-10AM. Highmark invites you & your clients to join in and watch their panel of AHN leaders discuss “COVID thru the Cancer Experience” at this informative event. Please share the registration link with your clients – ACS Cancer Forum
- Important Changes Regarding Out-of-Area Authorizations
- Highmark extends coverage of COVID-19 treatment and telemedicine
- Notice of Medical Loss Rebate to Group Market, Individual Market, and Student Health Members
Highmark Fitness Your Way by Tivity Health – September Promotional Flyer (initiation fees waived in month of September)
Highmark Western PA Small Group Communication – News From the Small Group Highmark WPA Sales Team (August 2020) Topics to include…
- Blue Edge Dental Rate Holds & Premium Credits
- Refresher on Member Enrollment & Termination Policies
- Highmark WPA Q4 Rate Tables
- Highmark WPA Small Group Checklist 2020
- Broker of Record Changes – Sample POR Letter – Highmark Western PA for NFP-BNGA Producers
Highmark Revisions to Small Group Forms & Western PA Small Group Checklist made for July 1 forward. Items are also available on the Highmark Producer Portal or would be provided via the support of your NFP-BNGA Team during implementation of a New to Blue group.
Highmark partners with Fitness Your Way® to offer gym discount programs for Highmark members eager to get back into their health and wellness routine. Monthly & Enrollment/Initiation Fees applied, but the Initial fee can be waived in the month of July when using Highmark coupon code (JUMPINJULY ) Read more about Fitness Your Way & How Members Enroll
Interested in learning more about Highmark’s Level-Funded Offerings (available 7/1/2020 for groups size 51-500)? Review the following or reach out to Cheranne Jurena
Highmark raises awareness to small group relief availability – The Pennsylvania 30 Day Fund is a non-profit recently launched to provide forgivable loans of $3,000 to Pennsylvania small businesses struggling as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here
Learn more about Highmark’s Balanced Funding Products (level-funded benefits for groups 51+) available for July 1st effective dates onward. Watch the Recorded Webinar, view the Presentation Slides or contact your BNGA Team for more information.
Updated Highmark Client Change Forms are available for Small Group Clients seeking to update company details (Ownership, Waiting Periods, Eligibility, etc.) within Highmark’s system (instruction included)
Highmark Frequently Asked Questions for Clients & Producers – re-iterating access points to COVID-19 Medical care & providing resources to financial relief programs
Highmark Annual Group Client MSP/MLR Employee Count Collection Online Survey – the deadline for this mandatory Medicare Secondary Payor survey has been adjusted to 4/30/2020.